The very quality of life itself can depend largely on what sort of diet and supplements (if any) one takes. There are countless health foods one should be doing all one can to include in one's lifetime diet regimen, rather than simply consuming whatever comes along. Regardless of what one may be trying to accomplish (such as lose weight, etc.) it is vital that one's nutritional considerations come first.
Mechanically counting calories lead only to temporary weight control, while one's ideal weight and body shape can be far more easily maintained by taking in only wholesome, natural, mostly raw food and supplements. Raw nuts and seed such as almonds, sesame and pumpkin seed (please avoid roasted nuts), for example, may be high in calories, but they are also very filling, high in fiber, and contain many other numerous vital and essential health and metabolism promoting substances and therefore have very little if any effect on weight gain.
Raw fruits, raw vegetables, super foods, antioxidants, dietary supplements, herbs, and ionized water can be used quite effectively to help one find optimal health. Natural remedies are becoming more and more accepted in mainstream medicine as an essential part of healing and can be used as vital tools for one's spiritual, mental and physical wholeness. Herbs have been used for thousands of years to cure all sorts of diseases and they have many other uses too. A huge searchable data base of herbal information resources can be found on the internet.
This health food information is primarily for the most serious and dedicated pioneers on the path to self-healing and enlightenment. I can not guarantee any benefits or 100% safety! This information, although freely given, is offered "as is" with no guarantee of safety and effectiveness, and can work no better than the quality of the products you choose to integrate into your diet. However, it is possible with this information to gain and enjoy utterly fantastic levels of health, healing, well-being and spiritual ecstasy.
Please be sure that there is nothing in the list of herbs, supplements, foods, etc. featured on this page that could cause allergic reactions, interact with drugs that one must take, or create havoc if one is going through pregnancy, or other delicate health situations, etc.
The best and most basic thing one should consider doing first is to always drink plenty of water (best to use ionized or alkalized water, and at least one quart to half a gallon, depending on age, weight, body size, etc.) between meals instead of snacking on junk food or other miscellaneous stuff. The water seems to go down much faster if one adds fruit juices to it such as pure pomegranate, blueberry, cranberry, orange juice, etc. Regular flushing between wholesome meals with large quantities of watered down juices, etc. could help one overcome depression, tiredness and even anxiety. Doing this one thing has always been the single most effective way that I have ever discovered to enjoy many great benefits all over. Why? If not enough water is drunk on a daily basis, toxins from what is consumed, toxins from metabolic wastes, and toxins from other sources can and do accumulate causing all manner of problems. In most cases, it is mainly toxins that are the cause of so many mental and emotional problems, not always mineral and / or vitamin deficiencies.
Everyone has special needs, individual variations and differences. The most obvious difference is male vs. female. Because everything I write here is based on my limited "male" perspective, various adjustments would have to be made for women accordingly. Hopefully the basic principles will always be applicable to everyone, regardless of what sex, body type, metabolic needs, etc. The list of herbs and supplements may appear except lengthy, however, but in no way are they all to be used at once. Instead just research and take a few of the best (for your particular needs) from each group.
Regarding all the vitamin and food supplements that follow, please use only the ones that you feel are essential to your health and never too much of anything. You could actually feel worse, not better if too much of the wrong herb or vitamin is taken. The supplements may require a significant amount of money to get started on and a certain amount of expense to maintain, so start out slow! Finding them to be too expensive is another good reason to make sure to get only what is essential. Whole, natural foods high in antioxidants or "super foods" are far superior to any fractured or isolated substance, so always choose amongst these first before trying any single or isolated vitamin, mineral, herbal extract, or chemical substance.
This diet is not designed kindly to please the senses, it is meant to completely fulfill all nutritional needs and far beyond, so that one's soul, or happiness is completely satisfied. Supplying exactly what the mind, body and soul needs is far more important, wise and sensible than eating just to please the senses. Life is actually much, much more fun and fulfilling this way.
The good thing about living as healthy as possible are all the illnesses, dental and medical costs that one would most likely be able to avoid. So much inconvenience, expense, pain and suffering prevented! I can tell you this is a fact because I have definitely been able to avoid several decades of what could otherwise have been high medical, psychological and dental costs, suffering, etc. by following this path. Increased libido, rejuvenation, youngger looking skin, and greatly enhanced well-being are the main side-effects.
The Diet – Incorrect Eating is Perhaps the Greatest Cause of Suffering Ever:
The human body is designed only for whole food, especially raw, whole alkaline-forming food. Any fractured or artificial concoctions, fast foods, junk food, too much animal protein, hormones, artificial chemicals, antibiotics, etc. as is often found in the modern American diet (MAD) tend to be highly acid-forming and therefore tend to break down rather than support one's natural healing ability, and are the main cause of vast numbers of diseases, incredible emotional suffering and other complications of physical, mental, and spiritual health that make life miserable. Countless billions and billions of dollars have been spent on medical treatments for vast numbers of serious physical and psychological health problems caused by incorrect eating.
The following information is a list of wholesome, mainly raw food and super-food supplements required needed by all people everywhere to help restore emotional, spiritual and physical wholeness to everyone. All of the following nutritional gems provide essential enzymes, antioxidants, and other vital principles needed by the brain, nerves and organs for optimal well-being and functioning:
* Raw Fruits and Raw Vegetables – Pineapple, blueberries, oranges, chlorella, red onions, fennel, lettuce, beets, and whole ginger. Be sure to have more than a quart of raw juices from a selection of the above listed vegetables and fruits every day! Of all the things one can do to fight depression, fatigue, anxiety and any other health problem, nothing else can replace the benefits of taking in these daily, raw, freshly made blended juices.
* Raw Organic Spring Greens, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Squash – Use as a salad or blend with several tomatoes to create a raw "V8." Some companies provide pre-washed, ready to eat lettuce, chicory, cage and other leafy greens in a very convenient package.
* Raw Sauerkraut – (Fermented cage, and other vegetables) an excellent source of enzymes, probiotics, raw vegetables and great flavors.
* Raw Kombucha – A Chinese cultured tea created from a symbiotic combination of fermented yeast and probiotic bacteria which is an excellent source of enzymes, probiotics, and detoxifiers.
* Brown Rice and Legumes – This very healthy combination is the most economical, broadly eaten source of a complete protein and complex carbohydrates in the world.
* Vitasoy Milk – Excellent tasting soy milk that can easily be used instead of dairy milk if one suffers from milk sensitivities.
* Organic Hemp milk and Rice Milk – can be used as substitutes for conventional milk and / or soy milk as some people are sensitive to or have bad reactions to conventional milk and / or soy milk.
* Food Grade Yeast – Excellent tasting source of phosphorous, B complex, and essential amino acids (protein). Phosphorous is an essential mineral needed in large quantities by the body and nerves that must be balanced out with equal amounts of calcium (see coral calcium and dolomite below).
* Granular Lecithin – Essential source of phospholipids needed for energy production, brain and nerve functioning. Best to use lecithin granules which has a nutty flavor.
* Sardines – Excellent source of complete protein, nucleotides, essential oils, vitamin D, and ocean minerals. Sardines are considered an anti-aging food.
* Whole Food Oils – such as flax seed oil, hemp seed oil, whole virgin green olive oil, and pasture-grazed butter oil (perfect for weight control and mineral metabolism).
* 100% Pasture Grazed Raw Butter – Organic, fresh, 100% pasture grazed, high in weight maintaining CLA, and high in "Factor X," whole raw butter should be available in most health food stores. I personally find whole, raw butter far more tolerable than cheese and other dairy products that are high in protein. Butter is very high in monounsaturated fats with only traces of protein.
* Norwegian Cod Liver Oil – Excellent source of vitamin D, A, DHA, EPA, and essential fatty acids. When used in conjunction with pasture grazed butter, high vitamin cod liver oil can prevent tooth decay and help remineralize bone tissue.
* Pomegranate, Blueberry, Blackberry, Acai, Mangosteen, and Noni Juices – High antioxidant blend of juices among many other benefits, helps protect eyesight and helps prevent heart disease and other circulatory disorders.
* Raw Papaya – Papaya when ate fresh contains many enzymes that enhance digestion and absorption of protein, and if overripe or slightly fermented, it contains many microorganisms that seem to enhance blissful happiness, spiritual, psychic, and sensual energies.
* Goji Berries (Ningxia Wolfberry) – Best to have in the form of fresh berries or juice. Most potent naturally occurring antioxidant, 500% more powerful than beta-carotene, carrots and oranges. Seems to be able to "fix" injured DNA and build immune system. Helps protect eyesight and is an abundant source of zeaxanthin that helps prevent macular degeneration. Go here to find out more about Goji Berries.
* Raw Adaptogenic Herbs and Super-foods – Rhodiola Rosa, Ashwaganda, Epimedium, Saw Palmetto Berry Powder, Ginseng, Maca, Turmeric, Chlorella, Green Vibrance (TM), etc.
* Fulvic Acid – Either in the form of Shilajit or a Fulvic Mineral Complex Ionic Mineral Supplement that contains 70 minerals and trace elements. Drink one two two ounces daily.
* Almonds, Unhulled (brown) raw Sesame Butter, and Sunflower Seed, Pumpkin Seed, Pecans, and Raw Unsalted Peanuts – All contain wonderful wholesome natural substances needed by the human body.
* Dolomite Powder – A natural form of calcium and magnesium in an optimally balanced ratio. Dolomite is very inexpensive, has a really refreshing taste, is vitalizing, and is highly alkaline. Drink one teaspoon of dolomite per 1.5 liters of ionized water. Use one to four teaspoons daily depending on how much water taken, weight and need. I discovered that drinking large amounts between meals of a mixture of one teaspoon of dolomite per 50.7 oz. (1.5 liters) of negatively ionized water effective against my own life-long severe anxiety and / or depression problems. Warning: some people may have an adverse reaction to dolomite if too much is consumed such as loose bowel movements, poor absorption of other minerals, flushing, itching and dryness of skin. Therefore make sure that no more dolomite is taken than one teaspoon of dolomite per 1.5 liters of ionized water and always take with water and never alone. One might also add high antioxidant fruit juices, some green tea, etc., some ginger, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and / or two teaspoons of the adaptogenic herb ashwaganda to the 1.5 liters of ionized water and one teaspoon of Dolomite Powder for an enhanced well-being effect.
All of the above items when used as the main part of every meal and / or drink every day, because of their satisfying flavor, detoxifying, high enzyme, antioxidant, biochemical and biological value, can help fight fatigue, depression, poor appetite and digestive problems in a more effective manner than any other combination of foods, supplements or antioxidants ever taken. Malabsorption of minerals, vitamins, etc., and toxic and odor forming microorganisms in the digestive tract are a very common problem. Stools should be odorless! Any unpleasant odor in breath or eliminations indicates suboptimal health, poor digestion, and even disease. For one who is wasting away and / or not thriving the above combination of metabolic, probiotic and digestive enzymes can be a real lifesaver. During periods of stress and / or illness, a mostly liquid diet with mineral broths seems to work much better and faster to restore health, energy and vitality.